Thrive offers eight internships open to 2nd year Master’s level students in clinical counseling or social work and interested in working with a diverse population in an out-patient community mental health setting.
Areas of Focus
Outpatient Therapy, General Focus: therapy internship with focus of working with adults (1-2 intern positions)
Outpatient Therapy, Youth and Family Focus: therapy internship with focus on working with youth & families (1 intern position)
Outpatient Therapy, Psychiatric Focus: therapy internship with focus of working with adults and psychiatric collaboration (1 intern position)
Outpatient Therapy and Crisis Intervention Focus: therapy internship with crisis intervention specialty (4 intern positions), car required*
- Thrive Counseling Center Internships are a minimum of 9 months (typically from August – May), 24 hours/week.
- Intern schedules are 40% direct clinical service, 60% indirect service, training, and supervision. This includes 1 hour/week of individual supervision with a licensed supervisor, 1 hour/week of group case consultation, and 2-4 hours of monthly clinical trainings.
- Gain experience working with a diverse population of adults, couples, adolescents, families, and groups. All internships include out-patient therapy, some offer the opportunity to gain additional areas of specialty including crisis intervention, psychiatric collaboration, and working with youth.
- To apply, please send: a cover letter, resume or CV, and 2-3 letters of recommendation (PDF preferred) to Internship Coordinator: email@example.com
- Please specify if applying to only 1 of the 4 internship options: general, crisis, psych., youth. If no preference specified, application will apply to all open internships.
Applications are accepted from January 1, 2021 through March 1, 2021. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews with target of securing all internships by March 31, 2021.