Thrive offers eight internships open to 2nd year Master’s level students in clinical counseling or social work and interested in working with a diverse population in an out-patient community mental health setting.
Areas of Focus
Outpatient Therapy, General Focus: therapy internship with focus of working with adults (1-2 intern positions)
Outpatient Therapy, Youth and Family Focus: therapy internship with focus on working with youth & families (1 intern position)
Outpatient Therapy, Psychiatric Focus: therapy internship with focus of working with adults and psychiatric collaboration (1 intern position)
Outpatient Therapy and Crisis Intervention Focus: therapy internship with crisis intervention specialty (4 intern positions), car required*
- Thrive Counseling Center Internships are a minimum of 9 months (typically from August – May), 24 hours/week.
- Intern schedules are 40% direct clinical service, 60% indirect service, training, and supervision. This includes 1 hour/week of individual supervision with a licensed supervisor, 1 hour/week of group case consultation, and 2-4 hours of monthly clinical trainings.
- Gain experience working with a diverse population of adults, couples, adolescents, families, and groups. All internships include out-patient therapy, some offer the opportunity to gain additional areas of specialty including crisis intervention, psychiatric collaboration, and working with youth.
- To apply, please send: a cover letter, resume or CV, and 2-3 letters of recommendation (PDF preferred) to Internship Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please specify if applying to only 1 of the 4 internship options: general, crisis, psych., youth. If no preference specified, application will apply to all open internships.
Applications are accepted from January 1 through March 1. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews with target of securing all internships by March 31.